The conduct of Congress elections in the Lagos State chapter of the All Progressives Congress, APC, has been reportedly marred by violence and parallel results declaration.
While elections were conducted in 36 states of the Federation by the governing council of the party, several states, including Lagos we’re overwhelmed by protests, violent disruptions conduct of elections by various factions.
StarMedia Renaissance on Saturday learnt that members of the party were denied entry into the Mobolaji Johnson APC Congress venue slated to be held at the former Onikan stadium by the Tunde Balogun led APC congress.
It was reliably gathered that violence almost ensued when some card holding members of the party were reportedly grabbed and mercilessly beaten by some heavily armed police officer stationed at the venue.
Members of the APC Conscience Forum who spoke on condition of anonymity to our reporter, expressed great displeasure at the development within the party.
According to them, there are various factions within the party claiming to be holding congresses at different venues. In fact, you will be shocked to note that several results with a number of elected officers have been circulating round since the exercise was declared open, but none can be said to be reflective of the party’s decision.”
“This is terrible situation that requires urgent attention by the party leaders in other to avoid mutiny by aggrieved members”, he added.
Meanwhile, it was learnt that while the All Progressives Conscience Forum led by Hon. Moshood Adegoke Salvador successfully held a separate congress in the state amidst a heavy security presence in Lagos at Irewole Event Centre, other factions including Lagos4Lagos Movements and the Akinwunmi Ambode Campaign Organisation (AAMCO) also allegedly held their own congresses at Lagos Airport Hotel, Ikeja and Baptist Academy in Obanikoro area of Lagos State respectively.
A result gotten from one of the factions shows 37 executives being elected according to various positions vied for;
- State Chairman – Hon. Mustapha Oladapo Dabiri (Ikorodu)
- Deputy state – Chairman Alhaji Akeem Fagbemi (Mushin)
- State Secretary – Hon. Olujimi oluwatosin shobayo (Amuwo Odofin)
- Asst Secretary – Olukogbon Stephen Babatunde( Ikeja)
- State Vice Chairman East – Rev. Adesgun Samson JPil.
- State Vice Chairman West – Hon. Kunle Okunola (Ikeja)
- State Vice Chairman Central – Hon. Adebowale Adeshakin (surulere)
- State legal adviser – Barr. Ibijoke Tijani Fadugba (Ifako Ijaiye)
- Asst State Legal – Barr. Tunde Adelekan Ajibade.
- State Treasurer – Mrs Modupe Awe (Alimosho)
- Asst. State Treasurer Hon. Olabode Medale (Mainland)
- State Financial Secretary – Adegbaju Daniels Funsho (Agege)
- Asst. Financial secretary – Hon. Ojora Ramon (Apapa)
- State Organising Secretary – Prince Tunde Edward (Ifako Ijaiye)
- Asst Organising Secretary – Yusuf Adesola Murphy (Ajeromi Ifelodun)
- State publicity Secretary – Hon. Adeleke Onamade (Ikorodu)
- Asst. Publicity Secretary – Rasak Olayinka Alabi (Oshodi/Isolo)
- State Welfare Secretary – Hon. Tajudeen Ola Kasumu (Lagos Island)
- Asst. Welfare Secretary – Ayodele Ogungbiye (Amuwo Odofin)
- State Auditor – Alhaja Nimotalai Azeez (Ibeju lekki)
- Asst. Auditor – Khalid Ahmed Kurfi (Agege)
- State Woman leader – Mrs Yetunde Rasheed Etti (Shomolu)
- Asst. Woman Leader – Deaconess Falomomi Oluwatoyin
- State Youth Leader – Adetunji Adewunmi.
- Asst. Youth Leader – Dapo Shittu (Oshodi /Isolo)
- Special (Physically)
- Senatorial Youth Leader – Adebanjo Salami Williams. west – Alani Balogun (Ojo)
- Senatorial youth leader central – Comr. Imole Josiah (Surulere)
- Senatorial youth leader East – Tunde Babalola.
- Senatorial Woman leader west – Mrs Fagbenro Branco (Badagry)
- Senatorial Woman leader East – Alhaja Mustapha Seriki.
- Senatorial Woman leader central – Princess Ojora (Mainland)
- Ex – Officio 1- Alhaji Rabiu J. Disu ( Ojo)
- Ex – Officio II – Alhaja Ajoke Mohammed (Surulere)
- Ex – Officio III – Badrudeen Nurudeen
- Ex – Officio IV – Femi Giwa (Shomolu)
- State Youth Organising – Ahmed Shomoye Alimosho