The national leader of the All Progressives Congress, Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu condemned the spring of violence, malicious looting and destruction of public and private properties and recorded cases of extrajudicial killings in the state.
Tinubu, who was on a courtesy visit to the Lagos State Governor, Babajide Sanwo-Olu, stated that his visit was to commiserate with the government as well as sympathize with the victims of the Lagos occurrence through the governor.
He disclosed his intention to visit some of the affected victims at the hospital where they are being treated.
He further informed that it was also necessary for him to meet with Sanwo-Olu as he (Tinubu) needed to find out if the governor ordered the attack by the military on the EndSars protesters on Tuesday.
He said, “If he didn’t order the attack, who ordered the attack? That’s all I needed from him.”
Since the shocking incident in which some soldiers were reported to have opened fire on some EndSars protesters demonstrating at the Lekki toll-gate area of Lagos State, Tinubu has been at the centre of controversies and target of attacks. Some assets allegedly linked with him were directly hit by unknown mobsters including popular Television Station, TVC, The Nations Newspaper, Oriental Hotel, the Lekki Concession Company etc.
The former Lagos State governor called for a proper and detailed investigation into the Tuesday night attack.
He identified the need to segregate the calendar to addressing the issues of those who suffered casualty before the hands of the defunct Special Anti-Robbery Squad (SARS), those who suffered casualty due to the toll-gate incident, and those who suffered casualty from SARS which had already been placed before an investigating panel.
He said, “For those who suffered casualty from SARS, the Commission of Inquiry that is already set up will unearth that and will make their recommendations. I trust the calibre and the character of the people there, they are independent. That is one.”
Speaking further, Tinubu stressed the need for the fact-finding commission to extend their enquiries to those who suffered casualty during the gunshots as information garnered at this point would also be useful in guiding the governor against future reoccurrence.
The APC chieftain also debunked rumours circulating some media platforms insinuating that he jetted out of the country on the eve of the unfortunate Lekki toll-gate carnage which was reported to have claims the lives of some protesting youths.
He said,” “I didn’t go nowhere; I’m a Lagosian and I still hold the title of Asiwaju of Lagos and I am still a Jagaban.
“Fake news is all over the place. They say Seyi my son was kidnapped and was chased but look at him. I didn’t pay a penny to bring him here.”